Walter Reed Program (WRP) – Tanzania, HJFMRI A collaboration with U.S. DoD. Locally known as the Walter Reed Southern Highlands AIDS Program, the Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) is an international non-governmental organization working in several countries conducting research studies and providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS. HJFMRI is funded by the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief PEPFAR.
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Welfare (MOHSW), HJFMRI has been leading a comprehensive HIV/AIDS care and treatment program in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2004 with support from the President’s Emergency Plans for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). The program is based in the Southern Highland Zone and has since extended to more than 100 health facilities in Mbeya, Rukwa and Ruvuma regions, which collectively represent a catchment area of about 6 million people. Mbeya region is one of high prevalence regions in Tanzania and expansion of HIV care and treatment programs is critical.
Walter Reed Program is seeking qualified candidates to fill the positions below.
Position : SI Associate – 5 Positions
Reports to: SI Coordinator
Location : Selected Districts in Mbeya ,Ruvuma, Rukwa & Katavi
The SI Associate will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating initiatives, programs and projects, both new and established, providing accountability and ensuring efficiency and success endures. S/he will provide feedback to the direct supervisor for establishing, modifying and monitoring key program level performance indicators to report and record physical progress for specific programs and projects within all program areas of HJFMRI, such as laboratory, research,medical and community outreach and any other newly established projects ensuring agreed deliverables are met at the district level.
S/he also oversees regular project progress reports and will collaborate with the District Program Officer to prepare monthly, quarterly, semiannual, annual and narrative reports.
Contribute towards developing project documents and guidelines for M&E In collaboration with his/her direct supervisor, the M&E director and other stakeholders, s/he willcontribute towards the development ofan M&E framework and an M&E plan for the program.
In collaboration with M&E Department
- Contribute towards the development of M&E frame work for the project.
- Develop targets and distribute them to the health facilities and community partner.
- Develop indicators for tracking performance for all program areas
- Develop plan for monitoring and evaluation of the project activities
- Ensure project indicators (Donor required indicators and Program level indicators) are well captured in various data collection tools such as MTUHA registers, DHIS2 and other project specific monitoring tools.
- Develop systems for data quality assessments at the community and health facility level.
Data Management and Analysis
- Keep abreast of developments regarding program changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results
- Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within Program field teams.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions.
- Perform field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by Programs and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Analyze changes and patterns in KPI indicator data and performance reports in order to make recommendations to Program staff.
- Review and analyze monthly/quarterly reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting
- Assist to post data to the PROMIS System on a quarterly basis after such data has been reviewed by M&E Director and other program directors and Managers
- Enter and submit all training data into TRAINSMART Database
- Ensure HJFMRI databases are up and running
- Ensure CTC2 databases are up and running at facility level and report any difficult issues to SI Regional coordinator with copy to Senior SI Advisor and M&E Director
- Ensure that no data backlog occurs over a prolonged period of time at project and facility level
- Define and implement the key project performance indicators (KPI) as well as monitor them throughout the duration of the projects.
- Propose strategies to increase data use and demand among Partners both medical and community.
- Assist Program staff/ partners in clarifying project information needs.
- Support project/program staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress.
- Participate to create and revise data flow charts, tools and data collection procedures under the supervision of the M&E Director
- Review the performance of existing management information systems to help identify potential modifications or resources.
Communication and Reporting
- Ensure all reporting deadlines are observed
- Communicate with other departments in case of any issues that needs emergence follow up through the M&E department
- Review and analyze reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
- Make contribution to the M&E monthly journal
- Assist HJFMRI project to strengthen the capacity of HJFMRI staff, community partners and Medical Partners in an effective way to collect, analyze and utilize data.
- Conduct data analysis and reportproject performance trends to the M&E Director on quarterly basis for program review meetings, using the specified template.
- Participate in periodic meetings with partners and stakeholders on a district, regional and national level to discuss achievements , challenges and lessons learnt
Document best practices and areas that need improvement and share with all stakeholders
Capacity building for partners
- Work and build capacity of CHMTand community partners to develop and implement the program at partner level, develop performance monitoring plans, including identification of performance indicators; performance reporting systems; field-based technical assistance and monitoring of M&E system;
- Strengthen local partner and CHMT capacity to collect, collate, and report data to MOHSW using national recording and reporting tools, and strengthen health facility and CHMT capacity to use data for management and programmatic decision-making.
- Build capacity of CHMTs to conduct data quality assessment at health facilities, and train staff at health facilities to do data verification.
- Ensure all data entry clerks are trained on PMS and CTC2 database
- Ensure data entry clerks have a basic training /on the job training on basics of troubleshooting for both database and computer.
- Conducts field-based monitoring, technical assistance and training visits jointly with project staff, stakeholders, funders and others.
- Possess demonstrated skills in quantitative data analysis and data management as well as demonstrated analytical skills and experience in identifying and evaluating best practices and state-of-the-art approaches to be utilized by the project
- Proficiency in statistical databases (e.g. SPSS, EPI-Info,EPIDATA, STATA) as well as strong skills in Excel, Word, Access and Power Point
- Knowledgeable in Monitoring and Evaluation ,HMIS and quality assurance methods and approaches (includes quantitative, qualitative and participatory);
- Have a good grasp of the determinants, challenges and impact of the HIV and AIDS pandemic in Tanzania and the growing demand for effective response planning, monitoring and evaluation frameworks
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor degree preferably in Public Health, Information Technology , Data Management, Health Sciences, Epidemiology, Statistics.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Swahili with proven ability to document and articulate results,
- Minimum of 2 years in the field of Monitoring and evaluation focused on supporting HIV/AIDS /PEPFAR activities
- Knowledge of USAID and PEPFAR policies and guidance. Ability to work effectively under pressure and has a good understanding of the health systems.
Cover letters and resumes should be sent to the
Human Resources Manager,
P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya
E-mailed to; email@example.com
NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. Deadline for submission of the application is February 10th, 2017.
Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications.
Check out the Latest Jobs in Tanzania published this week
1. Job Opportunities at Mohammed Enterprises Tanzania
2. Sales Representative
3. Network Project Coordinator -TTCL
4. Accounts Assistant
5. Drivers (40 Posts) – METL Group Tanzania
6. Videographer and Video Editor
7. Head of Agro Lending – AccessBank Tanzania
8. Bank Clerk – 1 Post
9. Extension Officer – 5 Posts
10. Sales Officer – 5 Posts
11. Sales Supervisor – 2 Posts
12. Rural Livelihoods Programme Manager – Embassy of Ireland Tanzania
13. Social Protection Programme Manager – Embassy of Ireland Tanzania
14. Assistant Branch Manager
15. Marketing Data Collector – 3 Posts
16. Finance Manager
17. Senior Accountant – 4 Posts
Powered by WPeMatico