Rukwa Region through PEPFAR funding is among the beneficiaries of Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International Walter Reed Program (HJFMRIIWRP) HIV Project in the Southern Highlands with center for excellence stationed at Mbeya Region.
• As from the first contractual agreement in 2004/2005, Walter Reed HIV & AIDS Project operated from Mbeya to cover three regions with high prevalence regions in Tanzania. Rukwa is one of them and has to ensure that project deliverables and other requirements are met within specified time, quality and quantitatively as measured on pre-set project targets of the project implementation period. The RAS Rukwa through RMO on the other hand, still requiring providing health care services in response to HIV&AIDS by seeking qualified candidates.
Job Description: Lab Scientist (4 positions)
Report To: Regional Medical Officer/ Regional Aids Control Coordinator
Location: Sumbawanga Regional Refferal Hospital
Planning laboratory activities
To oversee routine workflow developing/refining sops, job aids, log book and referral forms as needed based on national international approved guidelines and standards
To perform regular equipment maintenance.
To perform specific technique like PCR for HIV viral load, HIV rapid testing, CD4 count, hematologic,
Clinical chemistry and microbiology testing.
Carry out other laboratory related activities as assigned by his/her supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities
• Planning laboratory activities
• To oversee routine workflow developing/refining sops, job aids, log book and referral forms as needed based on national international approved guidelines and standards
• To perform regular equipment maintenance.
• To perform specific technique like PCR for HIV viral load, HIV rapid testing, CD4 count, haematologic,
• Clinical chemistry and microbiology testing.
• Carry out other laboratory related activities as assigned by his/her supervisor
Bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory sciences or equivalent.
Registration certificate issued by medical laboratory association of Tanzania
At least one year experience working in medical diagnostic laboratory setting that include HIV testing
Demonstrative experiences and understanding the system of MOHCDGE in Tanzania
Knowledge in laboratory quality assurance system and strong experiences of instituting good laboratory practice.
An experience with laboratory information system is an important advantage.
Experienced with laboratory automated platforms in particular Genexpert, hematology HIV viral load and CD4
Excellent verbal and written skills in English
2. Job title: Data Clerks (2 positions)
Report to: District Medical Officer/District AIDS Control Coordinator
Location: Nkasi District and Kalambo District
Diploma/Certificate in Information Technology, Data Management, Social Sciences, Health Sciences, Epidemiology/Statistics or related field. The university degree or advanced diploma is added advantages.
At least 2+ years working with data records, data analysis and statistical packages such as SPSS, SAS, STATA or Epi-info.
Ability with computer applications, such as MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Acess
Advanced communication skills
Ability to work in a second mile (extra time) and RMO teams as well as independently.
Fluency in oral and written English and Kiswahili
Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff and sub award recipients
Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & accountable
The regional administrative secretary is seeking qualified candidate to fill the positions mentioned above will work with regional medical officer under sponsorship of HJMFRI/WRP cover letter, resume and copies of relevant certificates, should be sent to
Regional administrative secretary
P.O.Box 128 Sumbawanga,
or through email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com To Consider Application must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE.
Deadline for submission of the application is 15 March 2017. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed should not submit applications
Source: Daily News 09 March 2017
Powered by Jobs Tanzania
Powered by Jobs Tanzania