Organization: Belgian Red Cross
Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 31 Dec 2017
The Belgian Red Cross – Flanders (BRC-FL) is looking for a Regional Cash Delegate based in Dar Es Salaam to support the design, implementation and delivery of high quality, timely and accountable cash preparedness programming as part of its Disaster Preparedness Programme in the Great Lakes Region, funded by the Belgian Federal Government.
The Cash Delegate provides technical support to BRC-FL operations in its cash preparedness programmes in the Great Lakes region (Tanzania, Rwanda Burundi), in close cooperation with the respective Red Cross National Societies and their in-country partners. The main responsibilities include:
- Ensure a regional cohesion in Multi-purpose Cash Transfer (MPCT) approaches by a.o. the organization of regional exchange events and trainings
- Be an active partner for MPCT advocacy and diplomacy amongst high management National Society structures, beneficiaries and governmental and non-governmental actors
- Establish an effective MPCT management structure within the 3 National Societies by a.o. the recruitment of key positions such as MPCT Focal Points and the establishment of an MPCT Working Group
- Advise, on the development of MPCT-specific scenario’s and SOPs, resulting in cash-inclusive procedures on finances, logistics, M&E and communications.
- Advise on the organization of simulation exercises and pilots
- Ensure a rapid and correct MPCT disbursement to affected communities in case an emergency materializes during timespan of the programme
Terms of reference
- Technical support: provide technical guidance to Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS), Rwanda Red Cross (RRC) and Burundi Red Cross (BuRC) on cash programming and cash preparedness in particular, from making basic emergency toolkits MPCT specific to the development of MPCT SOPs and guidelines essential to quality programming. Act as referent focal point answering specific technical questions and addressing country-specific challenges.
- Strategic support: Assist TRCS, RRC and BuRC in finalizing their MPCT approaches, based upon relevant assessments and stakeholder analyses.
- Set-up: Support the set-up of multi-purpose cash transfer programming at country level, for instance help conduct feasibility and market assessments, recruit and train relevant staff, establish databases and start-up activities – particularly with regards to cash preparedness
- Capacity building: provide training material relating to MPCT programmes in line with existing Red Cross MPCT materials, assist countries of operations in organizing workshops and training targeting BRC-FL and partners’ staff.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: visit all 3 country programmes on regular basis, monitor programme implementation (activities and budget), perform regular reporting and propose adjustments when necessary.
- Capacity: Assess National Society country capacities in Tanzania, Burundi and Rwanda on cash programming and cash preparedness and identify gaps relevant to BRC-FL’s operational objectives and programming
- Strategy: Advise on how cash programming fits the BRC-FL Disaster Preparedness policy and its strategic priorities. Review and refine regional strategies as necessary.
- Profile and position: Support in defining the BRC-FL’s regional disaster preparedness and cash profile. Position BRC-FL as a relevant and innovative agency on cash programming and preparedness.
- Ensure cross-country BRC-FL consistency in Disaster Preparedness programming and MPCT approach.
- Learning: Lead the regional learning process on cash and preparedness. Collect, compile and share BRC-FL and other Partner National Societies’ best practices extracted from monitoring and evaluation exercises conducted at country and regional level in Cash and preparedness
- Assist in raising funds on cash and DRR programming and managing relationships with relevant donors/partners in those 2 fields.
Your Profile :
- University degree in economics, business management, social science or equivalent
- 2-3 years experience in the design and implementation of cash programmes in the private, public or humanitarian sectors. Demonstrated experience in emergency settings is considered a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills and strategic thinking, with strong communication and writing skills
- Fluency in English is required, French an asset
- Good understanding of the context in the Great Lakes area considered an advantage
Knowledge of the Red Cross Red Crescent environment and working tools an asset
You have knowledge of evidence-based methodology or are motivated to enhance your knowledge in this field;
You are a results-oriented problem solver with a strong team spirit and sense of initiative;
You have strong communication and negotiation skills combined with the necessary diplomatic skills;
You are able to travel to countries within the region on short notice
You have a valid international driving license;
- You are part of an internationally recognized humanitarian organization, which can make a difference;
- An exciting and relevant challenge;
- A fixed-term contract of 24 months (cfr. FA Southern Afr)???
- Beginning of contract: 1/1/2018;
- Compensation based on BRC-FL salary scales and seniority, including overseas social security and comprehensive insurance;
- Non-accompanied posting.
Tanzania Red Cross office in Dar Es Salaam with frequent travels to the Great Lakes Region
How to apply:
Apply online asap. Mark that screenings can be organised earlier than December 31st 2017.
Please submit your cv (max. 3 pages) and letter of motivation, in which you can convince us of your capacities and expertise for this challenging and impactful position.https://candidate.cvwarehouse.com/ApplicationForm.aspx?jobid=142673&channel=own_website&lang…
Powered by Jobs Tanzania