Organization: We World
Country: Benin, Brazil, Cambodia, India, Kenya, Nepal, United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date:31 Dec 2015
Position: Country Administrator, different Countries
Relate to: Country Representative, Desk
Location: This Job Opening is for roster purposes (Different Countries)
Apply before: 2015,31th December
WeWorld is a non-profit non-governmental organization for development cooperation, recognized by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs; we are independent, non-denominational and apolitical. Established in Milan in 1999, WeWorld works in Italy, Asia, Africa and Latin America to support children, women and local communities in the fight against poverty and inequality and to promote sustainable development.
WeWorld collaborates with a network of other civil-society organizations to give the most vulnerable people a voice on the Italian and international political agenda, and we are involved in the main networks protecting children’s and women’s rights.
WeWorld adopts the approach of human rights as a conceptual and methodological basis for its actions. WeWorld works in seven developing countries in collaboration with local partners, supporting or implementing projects designed to: protect children, ensure their access to education, to ensure their health and that of their mothers, promote the participation of children, gender equality and women’s rights. Education and health are priority areas for the organization, so the projects are based on a sponsorship program, which is implemented in kindergartens and primary schools for pupils aged 4 to 8.
In our officesabroad, we are going to seek, with different timing, differentCountry Administrators,with the following characteristics.
Scope of the job
- To ensure the proper follow up of the admin and reporting procedures of the WeWorld action in the developing country, to guarantee the transparency and the traceability of the economic and financial data flow.
- To support and following the admin and finance capacity building of the WeWorld office abroad.
Project’s financial and accountancy monitoring: 60% of working time:
- support the WeWorld implementing local partners in the projects financial management and cost efficiency balance: definition of the project budget, budget follow up and expenditure projection.
- support the WeWorld implementing local partners in managing the project accountancy: assure with monthly meetings and monthly field visits that the partner is implementing properly the WeWorld procedures and follow the WeWorld financial norms.
- ensure that the financial reports prepared by the partners are properly compiled and all the attached documents are in line with the WeWorld financial norms.
- ensure a progressive assessment of the partner in terms of financial capability and autonomy; draft a training program to enable the partner to acquire more confidence in terms of reporting and budgeting;**Office financial management: 10% of working time:**
- to implement all financial office procedures: assure the cash forecast, the management of the cash flow (in/out), the relationships with the bank, the financial authorisation of the expenditures
- to participate to the financial management of the office in collaboration with the Country Representative: drafts and updates, budget follow up and projection.
- to acquire the basic knowledge of the Financials and Fiscal rules and regulation with the support of the Local Charter Accountant (Studio commercialista) in order to ensure the respect of the mandatory dead lines and avoid payment of penalties
- ensure assistance to the CR in the LO structural changes and procedures with the relevant authority.
Manage the accounting and administrative document filing: 5% of working time
- ensure the monthly closing : check all invoices; transmit all documents before the 10th of the following month to the WeWorld headquarters in Milan; codify the invoices and enter them in the WeWorld format; reconcile balances in the physical cash book and in the accounts. File accounting documents.
Support the Country Representative in the human resources and logistics management: 5% of working time.
- To define, under the supervision of the Country Representative, the human resource policy of the WeWorld Office according to the local law and the WeWorld standards and define an internal staff regulation.
- To implement all the human resource procedures and assure the exact and exhaustive payment of the monthly salaries and income tax deductions. To follow the regular update of the staff files.
- To ensure the implementation of the staff regulation in the office. To ensure that each disciplinary action is documented, justified, compliant with the law and staff regulation
- To support the Country Representative in the logistic management of the office
- To participate in designing the office Organizational chart with particular attention to the LDS activities
Capacity building of the administrative staff in the WeWorld abroad office (20% of working time):
- Evaluation of the staff and support to the Country Representative for the improvement of the administration department.
Qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or management
- At least five (5) years of relevant overseas experience providing administrative support, financial management and logistic support in International development projects
- Previous experience in monitoring partner NGO financial reports and in using the double-entry accounting (strong knowledge)
- Experience in the management of the project funded by main donors (es. EU and UN)
- Experience in development project in different developing countries will be considered a plus when establishing the ranking
- Experience in human resource management (training and development)
- Experience of working in team and supporting the partners in all financial and administrative issues of the project
- Willing to work on close support to the partners central and field branches, with frequent and extended field visit missions
- Italian Mother tongue, Fluency in English and/or French
- Proficiency in MS Office applications especially excel
- Excellent communication skill and sensitivity in dealing with partner administrative staff and solving critical issues
- Problem solving skills
- Very flexible, patient and with a positive attitude
- Dynamic and willing to take initiative to complete tasks assigned.
- Updated curriculum vitae
- Cover Letter where 3 main motivation are listed of why your profile is matching with the vacancy in reference to the Submitted CV, including the expected salary
- Specify three references, indicating telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
How to apply: