On Behalf of a lifestyle lounge in Arusha, Outstanding Solutions is looking for a Tanzanian Bar Manager to keep their bars running smoothly by handling day-to-day operations, manage resources and employees, and creating a safe, fun environment for its staff.
You must be proactive and enjoy working in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Oversee the recruitment, orientation, training and retention of employees to enhance productivity.
- Maintain quality service by developing staff training programs and enforcing quality and customer service standards.
- Develop a performance management system for employees; Develop and manage employees’ work schedule; Supervise and monitor employees’ performance and attendance by ensuring that employees follow applicable job requirements and guidelines.
- Monitor and enforce employee’s usage of systems and tools developed by the employer.
- Ensure timely payment of employee’s salaries and entitlements as per their employment contract.
- Ensure availability and functionality of service tools and equipment including Wi-Fi, EFD machine, POS system.
- Manage stock and inventory by ensuring timely availability of Bar and Kitchen supplies; develop and enforce systems for generating list of requirements as well as availability of bulk supplies for non-perishable goods.
- Manage purchases and expenses by ensuring timely requisition of requirements. Ensure all expenses are accurately recorded and captured in applicable systems.
- Develop a database of suppliers, key technicians such as electricians, sound technicians, carpenters, plumbers etc.
- Ensure cleanliness and appropriate indoor and outdoor setup and presentation of client service areas, employees’ workstations as well as service tools and equipment.
- Assist in the promotion and execution of planned events and theme nights.
- Planning: Assist in developing calendar of events; forecasting requirements and preparing budgets based on the plans.
- Ensure clients receive quality products and services; maintain good relations with clients and ensure timely resolution of client’s needs.
- Manage sales by ensuring that all sales have been appropriately recorded; captured in applicable sales systems including the POS and EFD machines.
- Prepare and generate accurate daily sales and expenses reports; Ensure all transactions and receipts are appropriately kept and filed.
- Undertake any other duties as required.
- English language proficiency
- Three years of restaurant or management experience
- High working stamina
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Customer-oriented and friendly
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Management skills
- Attention to details
Applicants should send their CV, application letter with three references from their previous work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline 19th March 2018
Powered by Jobs Tanzania