Ruaha Milling Company(RMC) Limited is found in Iringa near Ipogolo stand at NHC buildings. The company deals with processing and milling maize flour, rice and sunflower oil, it has been also providing fertilizer on credit to contracted farmers through farmers Associations and AMCOS), strengthening access of quality raw materials, increase productivity of maize and rice so as to improve the income and livelihood of smallholder farmers in regions of Iringa, Njombe, Songea and Mbeya.
Ruaha Milling Company limited(RMC) receives support from ACDI/ VOCA-Nafaka project and now announces to fill the Food and safety control manager position to be based in iringa town.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Promoting quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
• Develop, implement, communicate and maintain a quality plan to bring the Organizations Quality Systems and Policies into compliance with quality system requirements.
• Should be able to interact with Production and Development teams to maintain product
supply and help introduce new products
• Working with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers.
• Ensuring compliance with national and international standards and legislation.
• Ensuring tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated and that product modifications are investigated if necessary.
• Supervising technical staff in carrying out tests and checks.
• Writing technical and management systems reports.
• Bringing together staff of different disciplines and driving the group to plan, formulate and agree comprehensive quality procedures.
• Persuading reluctant staff to change their way of working to incorporate quality methods.
• Manage and maintain the Company’s quality inspection and product release programs for incoming and in-process materials and components, processes and finished goods.
• Formulate and manage the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and systems pertaining to the QA/QC.
• Setting quality assurance compliance objectives and ensuring that targets are achieved.
• Maintaining awareness of the business context and company profitability, including budgetary control issues.
• Assessing the product specifications of the company and its suppliers, and comparing with customer requirements.
• Considering the application of environmental and health and safety standards.
• Agreeing standards and establishing clearly defined quality methods for staff to apply.
• Defining quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff.
• Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures.
• Liaising with customers’ auditors and ensuring the execution of corrective action and compliance with customers’ specifications.
• Establishing standards of service for customers or clients.
• Preparing clear explanatory documents such as customers’ charters.
• Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports.
• Organize and manage quality assurance function in close co-operation with the customers and with the Organization’s Management team.
• Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
• Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process, setting processing variables, observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources, studying methods, implementing cost reductions, developing reporting procedures and systems, facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points, initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
• Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel, accomplishing work results, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules, resolving problems, reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs, evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data, answering questions and responding to requests.
• Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements implementing change.
• Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources, maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Maintains working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
• Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions, recommending action.
• Working close with Nafaka project staffs to ensure the food fortification program goals and objectives are achieved.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, bench marking state of the art practices, participating in professional societies.
Required skills and qualifications.
• BSc: in Food science and technology, BSc in Human nutrition and BSc in Biotechnology and laboratory services.
• 3 years working experiences from reputable organization or company
• Strong skills and ability in managing the team
• Ability to handle and manage multiple tasks
Qualified candidates are invited to submit application letter and CV through email email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org before business hours on 29 March 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and if you don’t hear from us two weeks from dead line of the advert assume that your application was not successful.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania