Position: Pastry Chef de Partie
Expiry date: 16:30, 31 October 2017
Starting date: Immediately
Location: Nungwi, Zanzibar
Benefits: Food and accommodation provided, Paid ZSSF, yearly bonus, Tips, Training opportunities, 2 days off a week
We are recruiting for a Pastry Chef de Partie to join the Kitchen brigade at The Z hotel. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small enthusiastic kitchen team.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Pastry and Bakery and delivering amazing hospitality to our guests.
Competencies & Duties of Pastry Chef de Partie:
- If you are passionate about developing your pastry skills and wanting to progress in your trade then we are looking for someone like you.
- You will prepare all breads, desserts, sorbets and petit fours to a 5 Star standard for our main kitchen.
- The ideal candidate will have worked at Chef de Partie Pastry level in a 4 star hotel.
- To run a section independently with minimum supervision required.
- Ensures running a disciplined shift, to be full in control of the production.
Possesses Advanced Pastry Skills.
- Ensures that Menus, Recipes, Guidelines and Methods provided by the Chef are followed accordingly.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with Safety Standards and Company Regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining quality and consistency in taste, presentation and appearance according to recipes and pictures; any possible discrepancies are to be rectified immediately.
- Communicates on a daily basis any relevant provision issues to the Chef.
- Ensures economical work practices and controls the food production to minimize and avoid wastage.
- Must have a complete knowledge and full understanding of Hygiene and safety Rules and Regulations, ensuring that working/cleaning practices are applied throughout the operation.
- Prevent any equipment damages/loss.
- Responsible for controlling and maintaining all Pastry equipment, ensuring that it’s clean, sanitized and returned in an acceptable and proper condition after each use.
- Any damages and/or malfunctions must be justified, recorded and reported.
- Ensures that the pastry and adjacent areas are ready for any announced and/or unannounced
- Must have a thorough understanding of working hours policies and procedures
Personality and Appearance:
Must have a pleasant and courteous personality. Must be well groomed, and presentable.
Must be physically fit and in good health, be able to lift up to 30 Kilos on a daily basis and work a minimum of eleven hours per day, 5 days a week.
Professional Experience and Education:
Standard High School Education.
Requires a minimum of three years in the profession (Quality Hotels or Restaurants).
Communication and Language Skills:
Must be able to read and speak English clearly in order to interpret documents such as recipes and manuals.
Must be a serious professional and take great pride in their work.
Adherence to Company Rules and Regulations is a must for success in the job.
How To Apply:
Send your application and CV to – email@example.com
Only serious applicant with honest and traceable references should apply.
No trainees needed.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania