Regional Sales Manager – South Africa
Accountable for executing and delivering all activities of the Sandvik Coromant sales performance through both direct and indirect sales channels within the assigned territory of South Africa. Managing a team of Sales Engineers and Application Specialists and by active involvement with customers to achieve established cascaded sales goals and objectives.
Key performance areas
- Lead and coach the development of reporting resources to ensure organizational development.
- Drive and execute sales action plans to ensure delivery of results.
- Accountable to attain Sales budgets and targets.
- Ensure that end-user customer relations are developed and improved.
- Liaise and support Sales Cluster Manager in providing accurate forecasts, budgets and targets for business control reporting.
- Implement and drive global and Sales Area product campaigns.
- Keep abreast of customer needs and concerns regarding price, delivery and product offerings in order to improve customer experiences.
- Maintain active involvement with the sales team and customers to ensure that end-user, customer relations are effectively managed.
- Provide market intelligence including knowledge of competitor strategies and acitivies.
- Drive and apply Sandvik Core Values and Code of Conduct in all business and personal dealings, drive team to adopt and apply the Safety first culture, Code of Conduct and Core Values at all times.
- Have a broad understanding of metal cutting and associated technologies.
- Have a broad understanding of manufacturing economics.
Business Development/ Management:
- Have a thorough understanding of Sandvik Coromant business concepts such as: Productivity Improvement Programs, Selling Higher, Customer Value Reporting and Manufacturing Economics.
- Maintain high awareness of Coromant tooling solutions and be able to translate that into maximising business opportunity.
- Qualified with relevant and accredited Degree or Diploma with experience in modern management practice’s.
- Knowledge and experience of managing external and internal customer relationships.
- Five to Ten years’ experience in sales and marketing management with engineering cutting tools skills and knowledge.
- Proven track record in delivering good business results
- Successful experience from negotiations of commercial terms and conditions with industrial customers.
- Relevant experience from Account Management or Sales Management. People management experience is of advantage.
- Effective communication and organisational skills.
- Requires possession of a current driver’s license.
- Requires extensive travel within assigned geography and to other Sales Regions when required.
South Africa / Flexible
Who may apply
All applicants outside South Africa must ensure that they are able to secure a work permit and permanent residence prior to applying for any advertised positions.
How to apply
Applications close: 24 March 2017
Job Reference No: 350053
If you have any further queries, please contact us on 0800 331 331.
Recruiter: Emelda Moganedi
Sandvik is committed to representivity in the composition of its employees and the creation of job opportunities across all sectors of the South African population.
Deadline: 24 Mar
Powered by Jobs Tanzania
We are looking for a versatile and dynamic Programme Assistant with strong management skills to join our Strategy, Delivery and Results (SDR) team. SDR oversees the office’s economic governance aid portfolio, including programmes in tax, public financial management and job creation. The post offers an excellent opportunity to support the management of these programmes, as well as contribute more widely to DFID Tanzania’s portfolio management and design.
The Programme Assistant post is ideal for someone who is organised, results-oriented and a self-starter, and has experience working in a busy office environment, enjoys working in a team, and is able to work flexibly and cooperate with others to meet shared objectives.
The closing date for applications is 12pm on Friday 24 March 2017.
Powered by Jobs Tanzania