The Alliance for a Green Revolution in (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization, working in partnership with national governments and agricultural development partners, to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. The work that AGRA and its partners support is focused on enabling smallholder farmers (SHFs) engaged in the production of food, build and run farming enterprises that are productive, efficient, profitable and sustainable in ways that ensure: wealth creation that lift millions out of poverty, food and nutrition security, and equitable growth across the continent.
After ten years of building a strong foundation, starting 2017, AGRA has rolled out a new 5-year strategy with an approach that simultaneously catalyzes-change at farmer level; strengthens input and output market systems; and puts government at the centre of the partnerships required to enable and champion private-sector-Ied agricultural growth at local and national levels.
To support this transformation, AGRA is seeking to recruit an experienced and exceptional individual to the position of Finance & Administration Officer (F&AO) – Geographic Service Team (GST) 3 that covers Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda; within the regional office in Dar es Salaam.
The Position: Reporting to the Head of GST3 (Tanzania, Rwanda & Uganda) with a dotted reporting line into the Chief Finance Officer of AGRA, the F&AO is responsible for providing leadership and direction, as well as day-to-day management of the finance and administration functions for the GST3. On Financial Functions, s/he will be responsible for coordinating and supporting the development and monitoring of budgets, liaising with Finance and the Regional Head to support timely preparation of income statements, balance sheets, financial summaries’ and forecasts. On Administrative Functions, s/he will be responsible for planning, implementing and managing the administration functions including the supervision of finance, administrative and support staff within the GST.
The position is only open to Tanzania nationals and the role holder will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Job Title: Finance & Administration Officer (F&AO) – Job Reference FIN 10/2017
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead in the provision of financial management in the GST and supervise day-to-day financial operations in the countries;
• Lead in budgeting process for all the countries under the GST;
• Monitor all GST and country budgets and ensure monthly preparation of management reports and financial analysis for country and GST Management including regular financial returns to HQ;
• Support in budgeting for donor proposals and ensure accurate and timely donor reports;
• Ensure the effective selection, procurement, administration and maintenance of vehicles and all other equipment within the GS
• Coordinate and supervise the purchase of all office and other supplies;
• Ensure robust cash flows management for all the offices;
• Support the streamlining of processes and procedures for improving operational efficiency of finance reporting and budgeting systems within the assigned GST;
• Ensure all timely payments and expenses are in line with policy and identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues for the GST;
• Ensure accuracy of billing and invoicing in line with the hosting agreements and ensure regular reconciliation with the host organizations;
• Ensure accuracy recording of financial information in the general and subsidiary ledgers, in a timely manner and regular reconciliation of bank, cash, payables and receivables and timely follow up of outstanding items;
• Ensure that all relevant financial documents are maintained securely;
• Provide oversight of all the banking accounts and relationships in countries and ensure bank reconciliations are done in a timely manner;
• Lead in the preparation of Financial statements and statutory audits and submissions for countries in the GST as well as support grantee and program audits;
• Provide oversight on tax and other statutory compliance and work with the legal department to ensure that necessary statutory requirements in the countries are met; .
• Ensure proper management of all fixed assets in the countries in line with policy;
• Engage, coach, supervise and evaluate direct reports;
• Work collaboratively with technical officers in the GST to enhance efficiency and delivery of results; and
• Provide effective link between the GST and the HR Department of AGRA to enhance HR management within the GST.
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Relevant experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent work experience;
• CPA or Accounting Certification required;
• An MBA would be an added advantage;
• At least 8 years of professional experience in accounting, finance, or financial monitoring;
• Experience in working with similar organizations or institutions is essential; and
• Knowledge of program finance documentation and experience working with donors such as USAID, EU, DFID, BMZ and other large institutional and foundations.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with this positions responsibility will be negotiated with the successful candidate
How To Apply:
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information on AGRA and a detailed Job Description, applicants can visit www.agra.org
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current Position, remuneration, email, and telephone contacts and quoting the reference number on your application letter. To be considered, applications must be submitted electronically to the email address provided by 1st November, 2017.
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way Westlands,
Powered by Jobs Tanzania